f

2013

31.12.12







IRIS above

I don't wear as much color anymore other than black and if I do wear color its typically gray, white, blue, and mustard. I realized I only wear those colors, after purging my closet this year. I became obsessed with androgynous all black outfits and began to strip down all accessories because I didn't like the feeling of having too much stuff on. I'm even thinking about eliminating purses out of my life and just keep everything in my pocket or wallet. I also started to experiment with eye make up and have been wanting eyeshadows/eyeliners of all colors; my favorites have been orange, blue, and white but I'm excited to try more next year.

FILE UNDER: Yohji Yamamoto, Acne, Thomas Tait, Raf Simons, Jil Sander, pleats, simple, oversized, navy blue, boyish, uniform, collars


DANIEL below

I completely changed purchasing habits this year and I hope that the quality over quantity approach continues through next year. I threw out half my closet because I've been such a hoarder and it was kinda awesome not having the remnants of $5 sales on lamé leggings and bedazzled shirts still in there from four years ago oh my god. (I don't want to talk about it.) Basically this year was narrowing down my closet to what I know I'll actually use. No prints, more black, substantial fabrics, and clothes that hovered instead of clung to the body proved to be the most important requirements for my style this year, and probably next.

FILE UNDER: Raf Simons, Jil Sander, Prada, J.W. Anderson, scuba, black, white, green, turtleneck, cocoon, school, sandals, mid-century, 1990s





11 comments:

  1. Yes to narrowing down closets to key items, and yes to no purses just pockets!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's exactly what I've been doing in 2012! my journey isn't over yet but I hope I will have a successful 2013. Happy New Year you guys, wishing you all the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for the next year! and keep up with the great job you are doing here! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your experiences make for great advice and they're quite similar to what I've been up to. quality over quantity is the first rule. I'm wearing less colors and when I do, it's usually (cobalt) blue and yellow/mustard, too. also, less accessories and choosing them thoughtfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! Happy New Year you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layering as always! I have these wardrobe epiphanies like once a year...but the junk always creeps back up on me. I just can't stick to one aesthetic long enough. It's not in my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am impressed with your sense of style

    ReplyDelete