f

New Year Style Resolutions 2012

28.12.11


Daniel's New Year Style Resolutions
1. Wear more black and white, mostly white
2. Turtlenecks are the new collar
3. Era inspirations: 60s, 70s, 90s
     → 60s stark color and shape, 70s glamour and loose silhouette, and 90s athleticism
4. Fashion Bipolarism: casual minimalism vs. dynamic futurism  
5.
 Focus on silhouette, solid color, and fabrics
6. Go for shock through unconventional materials, shine, and glitter
Favorite Designers in 2011:
Dior Homme by Kris Van Assche, Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci, Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere, Jil Sander by Raf Simons, Calvin Klein Men by Italo Zucchelli, Celine by Phoebe Philo, Prada by Miuccia Prada, Maison Martin Margiela

How has your style changed in 2011? Did you keep your 2011 style resolutions?
I'm blonde, I feel like that's an important change to my style. I've been wearing way more black and white, eradicating other neutrals slowly. Overall, I've gone more minimal and also monochromatic taking patterns out of my wardrobe. Lace and other overtly feminine fabrics have faded in favor for menswear inspired women's pieces (oh the irony). I got most of the stuff on my wishlist but instead of going more intricate and embellished, my style got simpler and more refined.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Iris' New Year Style Resolutions
1. Wear eyeliner + mascara 
2. Wear more necklaces and earrings
3. Era inspirations: 50s, 60s, 90s
4. Fashion Mixture: 60s school girl with boyish elements
5.
 Focus on brighter colors, patterns, fabrics, and shapes
     → Prints inspired by Marni and Dries Van Noten, richer fabrics like wool, velvet, and thick knits
Favorite Designers in 2011:
Carven by Guillaume Henry, Celine by Phoebe Philo, Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci, Dries van Noten, Jason Wu, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Proenza Schouler, Jil Sander by Raf Simons, Marni by Consuelo Castiglioni, Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere, Christoper Kane, Burberry by Christoper Bailey

How has your style changed in 2011? Did you keep your 2011 style resolutions?
I don't wear longer lengths or poofy skirts anymore. I used to wear them all the time, but I have switched over to shorter, stiffer a-lined skirts. I recently got back into wearing patterns and brighter color after awhile of not really wearing them. Nowadays, I mostly wear pops of colors instead of color overloads.  I love short hair now after cutting my hair short twice this year. I also tried to accessorize more, using necklaces and earrings. I think I achieved everything on my 2010 New Year's Style Resolutions for 2011. I said I wanted to wear hats everyday and I just got into doing that last month, better late than never! 

5 comments:

  1. This collage is absolutely amazing. I always come to your blog for inspiration. Keep it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got the same ideas as iris does!(60s school girl with boyish elements) :)

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid post you two<3
    It's been wonderful seeing the both of you grow over the year! Can't wait to see more in 2012 (and let's make a meet-up happen in SoCal yes???)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys have a created such a great blog. Your post look like magazine pages.
    - http://urbanfashionisto.com

    ReplyDelete