f

MENSWEAR S/S.2014: Raf Simons

26.6.13



I know we've been doing this cute little blip of a post for the shows but I just about died, so we we need to go into detailed conversation. LET'S TALK.


    1.
Oh my god. This SET? Like Tomorrowland INNOVENTIONS REALITIES, MY HOME REALIZED. THE FUTURE. I want to live there and I want to hang Calder mobiles everywhere. Above the stove I will never use, above the toaster oven I will use heavily and above the baby crib I'm going to get just so I can put another mobile over it.
    2.
Should I put this under a READ MORE? Nah, nevermind.

DANIEL: The first look is up.
DANIEL: is that
DANIEL: a
DANIEL: polo
DANIEL: dress
IRIS: are those laptop cases
IRIS: i wanna wear this
DANIEL: this is so me

    3.
Foamy Prada polo dresses for boys and really disgusting Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century boots, loves it.

The sequel to this. 






Let's take a moment to appreciate these graphics. Guys are artificially flavored.
AN AMALGAMATION 1930S SWISS TOURISM / 1960S POP ART / POSTMODERN CORPORATE IDENTITY / I STOLE THESE TERMS FROM MY TEXT BOOK XOXO




    4.
Last season, Bugs Bunny and Road Runner. This season, the Rowdyruff boys dressed up by the Powerpuff Girls.

DANIEL: these look like your middle school binders and folders
IRIS: oh my god
IRIS: the flowers are so cute
IRIS: is that embroidered
IRIS: dior for boys 
IRIS: ahhh it's so cute
IRIS: do you think if a dude is into me enough he would wear a dress for me



    5.
A re-visitation to Spring 2008's mood and proportion informed by Dior embroidery and pattern. 





IMAGES via NOWFASHION / TWITTER


DANIEL: ILI
DANIEL: G2G
IRIS: omfg
IRIS: bye

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Such funny dialogue. Truly made me l.o.l.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the show and love your post about it! great images and graphics! i can see daniel wearing most of the pieces from the collection! :D xx

    ReplyDelete