f

Spring 2011 Inspiration: From The Runway

21.2.11

Here is our seasonal inspiration post, sorry we've taken a while to post it. To see our inspiration for last season, click here. For more of our inspirations check out our Tumblr. All photos are from Style or Vogue.




For Spring 2011, I really want to get back into lighter and more ladylike pieces. I started out with the first photo in the last row, from Paul & Joe, for this Spring inspiration collage. I really loved the crisp white shirt with long and flowing floral skirt. I hope to get more white button ups for this Spring, varying collar styles and shapes would be great. I'm really excited for a more classic take on floral instead of overly girly, wearing feminine pieces in a more cool and modern way is what I'm looking forward to. I used to be much more obsessed with lace but haven't worn it in a while and am hoping to incorporate it into my wardrobe more this season. My color palette will of course include white, but I'm also loving light blue, pinks, orange, and beige-y camels. Bright hyper-pigmented colors like Jil Sander and Proenza Schouler are on my list to get. I'd really like some structured dresses too, to contrast with the flowing fabric of longer skirts. 

Runway Inspiration: Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Jil Sander, Paul & Joe, Lanvin, Chloe, Erdem, Jonathan Saunders, Stella McCartney, Organic by John Patrick.

My ideal Spring look is one of total white, but I know it's not practical to change my entire wardrobe to white, believe me, I would if I could. White is basically my favorite color for fashion right now and it's the front runner of fashion inspiration. I just feel like this year, especially Spring, is represented by white. Hopefully I can get more white clothes for this season. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm also loving the tough looks of graphic and leather blacks, sheer fabrics in both black and white are a major must for me. Simplicity is probably one of my favorite words for Spring 2011. For color, I'm feeling extremely bright, I also love the retina burning colors of Jil Sander, but Prada and Meadham Kirchhoff are kooky ways of wearing brights which are extremely inspiring for me. I'm looking forward to total one-color looks, obviously I'm still on a monochrome kick. For Spring, I'm hoping to mix together refined minimalism, casual 80s teen movie style, and almost futuristic aesthetics. 

Runway Inspiration: Lanvin, Rick Owens, Meadham Kirchhoff, Calvin Klein, Junya Watanabe, Jil Sander, Band of Outsiders, Hermes, Margiela, Celine, Prada, Acne, Givenchy, Balenciaga.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really in love with all of your collages. There are well put together and just great to look at! Keep up the good work! ox

    ReplyDelete