f

The Polo Shirt

1.6.13





For a long time, I totally hated the polo shirt. I'm probably scarred by the amount of weird pastel ones I layered and experimented with during middle school or whatever. Tonally, it goes from dad to sk8r by switching up the fabric or fit and I'm kinda into that now.

Designed by René Lacoste in the late 1920s, the piqué tennis shirt has become a middle ground shirt for semi-casual work environments and sports attire. I'm in favor of a fitted, smooth cotton version that has a sort of 70s feel.

3 comments:

  1. must buy one too! basic is the FUTURE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, I've been so anti polo for so long I don't think I'm ready. But then jeans won me over eventually. And socks and sandals. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Prada. Her powers of persuasion through her mesmerising designs have made a once repelling garment suitable for our minds to fathom its use. Props also to Gosha Rubchinskiy.

    ReplyDelete