f

Americano

27.5.11



Hey everybody! About a month or more ago, American Apparel featured us in their Seen & Submitted for street style sporting AA pieces. Martine from American Apparel contacted us and sent us some pieces to play around with for Seen & Submitted. We were really excited to collaborate with American Apparel! (Wow American Apparel/Seen & Submitted were said wayyyy too many times in those two sentences.) We wanted to shoot the photos in a more creative way... but dang school always gets in the way haha. We decided to just review some of the items in case you were thinking about getting them:

  1. Striped Sweater (on Iris w/ khaki skirt and floral skirt): Love the thickness and heaviness of the fabric, not lightweight. Not so fond of boatnecks and sort of wish it was a higher neck but that's probably just my need to be totally buttoned up all the time haha. - Iris
  2. Wool Coat (camel on Iris, brown on Daniel): This coat is really thick and warm, we love the colors it comes in! Fits a bit large, so we suggest going a size or two down. Definitely if you're Iris-size (lol that sounds funny) go for XXS if it's available, XS fits me (Daniel) perfectly but I have my brown one in Small and Iris has the XS camel. Love the fabric too. - Daniel
  3. Poly-viscose Welt Pocket Pant (on Daniel w/ striped H&M shirt + denim jacket): Love these pants, they are slim fitting and sit nicely high on the waist. I sort of hate anything low waisted haha, so these pants are refreshing and satisfying my Urkel-needs. Just kidding sort of, they aren't that high. - Daniel
  4. Ottoman Ribbed Jacket (on Iris w/ black skirt + brown tights top photo): This jacket is basically my perfect jacket, it's really comfortable but it still looks unique and put together. The only negative it has is the lack of pockets. - Iris
  5. Black Dancing Shoes (on Iris w/ khaki skirt + striped sweater): Love these shoes, they are so beautiful. So sad that mine broke already because Daniel ordered me a wrong size. :( So, order a size up! haha. Love the slight heel on the shoe though. - Iris
  6. Pink Satin Jacket (on Daniel w/ black skirt + black jeans top photo): I love the color of this jacket, it's my favorite color for this season. The fabric is really thin but I like to use it during warmer weather when I don't feel like wearing just a t-shirt. I actually wore it today haha, looks nice with navy blues. :) - Daniel
  7. Black Petticoat (on Iris w/ white ottoman jacket on top photo): I was really excited to get this black petticoat since I have the white one from Chictopia and love it under my skirts. Nothing really bad to say about this skirt except that the waistband was a bit tight but it probably will loosen over more use. - Iris 
  8. Black Overalls (on Daniel right bottom corner): These overalls are awesome and I'm really glad they fit me haha. I was scared (since they are women's) that they would be too small, but the large fits just fine. On the site they are rolled up but I like them un-cuffed better. I'm also obsessed with the very ~Sound of Music vibes of them haha. - Daniel

4 comments:

  1. You two are positively adorable. Congratulations on such an awesome opportunity, I love each and everyone of your looks!

    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a really great and comprehensive review. i always read tonnes of American Apparel reviews and look up how people stye the items before I buy them because I find everything always fits differently from this store. Thanks! This really helps! And congrats for the great partnership!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah so great !!! I've been so flattered too, I was like "OMG AA !". You can seen me in "What's new", I'm the Blogger Spotlight, pretty proud of it ! Haha !

    I adore the camel coat Iris wears, beautiful !

    See U !

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are all kinds of awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete